Enforcement Of Family Law Orders

Enforcement actions are brought against someone for violating a court order. In the family law arena, enforcement commonly takes two forms: possession and access to a child and child support.

One consequence of violating a court order can involve being held in contempt of that court order. If a judge finds that someone has violated a court order, they could be punished by being placed on community supervision (probation), paying attorney's fees and/or serve jail time.

If you are trying to enforce a child support order from another state, you must bring your action under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA). There are special rules and procedures for bringing an enforcement under UIFSA.

Similarly, if you are trying to enforce a child custody order from another state, you must comply with the rules and procedures under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA).

Contact Us To Learn More

With an office in San Marcos, Scanio & Scanio, A Professional Corporation, serves clients in the Central Texas counties of Hays, Comal, Caldwell and Guadalupe. To schedule an initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call 512-396-2016 or send us an email.

© 2019 Scanio & Scanio. All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Website by Row.